On November 5th, 2009, a building in the historical center in Naples (Italy) has been damaged by a fire occurred in a flat in the early afternoon hours (around 2.00 p.m.).
The building has a residential use and the fire seems to have been ignited by a faulty electrical appliance in the bedroom of an apartment at the third floor. The occupants of the apartments escaped, as the fire grew very fastly and made it impossible to extinguish it.
Also other residents could escape immediately, while a woman and her five children who lived in the building have been saved by firefighters.
The building is well known by in the motion picture world, since it has been used during the making of a movie with Marcello Mastroianni and Sofia Loren in 1967.
The fire has obliged the 30 residents to the evacuation. Some persons who inhaled smokes needed medical assistance.
During the firefighting operations some masonry parts of the building have fallen on the nearby streets, that were closed after the fire.